Connecting short-term to long-term
Gary Stoll explains how a short-term trip to Romania changed his life.
"By my own admission, a big part of me wanted to come to Romania in 2003 was for the experience and for enhancing my CV. Never did I think that 20 years later I would still be serving here. But God in His grace has taught me the importance of long-term vision in short-term missions. Little did I know that God was using my short-term mission trips every summer to prepare me for long-term overseas service.
"Not everyone is called to be sent as a long-termer overseas. But we are all called to be partners in the gospel in whatever shape or form that may take, and short-term mission can help ignite a passion for missions both at home and on the field. Therefore, short-term missions can be of great value.
"Ioana and I set out in 2014 on a two year overseas mission here in Piatra Neamt. Two years have now become nine and a half years. So we are extremely thankful to God for you, for your long-term support, and your heart for overseas missions in Romania!"
Read his full story in our latest magazine here
Find out more about the amazing work that Gary and Ioana are doing in Piatra Neamt here
- 30/01/2024 30/01/2024, 10:00 - God calls the available
- 23/01/2024 23/01/2024, 11:00 - Connecting short-term to long-term
- 15/01/2024 15/01/2024, 09:09 - Is God speaking to you about serving in Europe? If so, we’d love to talk!
- 09/01/2024 09/01/2024, 11:54 - Connecting with Leaders across Europe
- 02/01/2024 02/01/2024, 10:00 - Connect to your calling