ECM worker named to "50 Greatest..." list
Rita Rimkiene has been named by The Gloucestershire Echo and Gloucester Citizen to their 50 Greatest Gloucester Women of all time list.
They asked their readers "to nominate individuals, both from history and those operating in our communities today, who have really made their mark through their talent, bravery, determination or passion."
About Rita they say, "Offering the hand of friendship, promoting tolerance and sharing cultural riches is the mission of Rita Rimkiene. Rita set up and runs the World Café, a series of shared meals that helps people, including refugees from war-torn countries and asylum seekers, feel part of the wider Gloucester community."
Rita and her husband Vidas come from Lithuania, so the honour is all the more impressive. Well done, Rita!
See the full list here.
Find out more about the World Cafe here.
Find out more about Rita and Vidas here.
- September - 11 - 2018 - Join an outreach team in Croatia - through prayer (final update)
- September - 04 - 2018 - Europe’s Big Mission Field: Nominals
- September - 04 - 2018 - A Passion for the Lost!
- August - 28 - 2018 - They found the One they need!
- August - 20 - 2018 - “Europe needs hope in all realms of society”
- August - 14 - 2018 - Join an outreach team in Croatia - through prayer (latest updates!)