ECM worker named to "50 Greatest..." list
Rita Rimkiene has been named by The Gloucestershire Echo and Gloucester Citizen to their 50 Greatest Gloucester Women of all time list.
They asked their readers "to nominate individuals, both from history and those operating in our communities today, who have really made their mark through their talent, bravery, determination or passion."
About Rita they say, "Offering the hand of friendship, promoting tolerance and sharing cultural riches is the mission of Rita Rimkiene. Rita set up and runs the World Café, a series of shared meals that helps people, including refugees from war-torn countries and asylum seekers, feel part of the wider Gloucester community."
Rita and her husband Vidas come from Lithuania, so the honour is all the more impressive. Well done, Rita!
See the full list here.
Find out more about the World Cafe here.
Find out more about Rita and Vidas here.
- June - 19 - 2018 - Christians must collaborate with each other to impact the world
- June - 12 - 2018 - Sport and Worship festival reaches the hopeless and disillusioned in Croatia
- June - 05 - 2018 - Bringing Students to Christ in Ukraine
- May - 29 - 2018 - Fresh hope for Portugal
- May - 22 - 2018 - Portugal - Is Church Planting A Priority?
- May - 15 - 2018 - Europe: Mission on our own continent?
- May - 08 - 2018 - Yes, he may become a true believer!
- May - 01 - 2018 - I was lost, Now I am found