“We will never reach Europe if we do not plant churches"
Øivind Augland, leader in Europe of the M4 church planting ministry, speaking at a conference in Barcelona said "We will never reach Europe if we do not plant churches, if we do not free the next generation to lead them to their destination”.
Coming from Norway, a context of deep-rooted secularization, the European chair of M4 explained that 200 churches of different denominations have been planted in ten years, in the Nordic country. “We had the vision to see new people form new churches that impact their community. It is necessary to impact our community”, he pointed out.
“God is the God of the mission. We have the privilege of being part of it. It's not a burden”, Augland said.
According to the leader of M4, discipleship is the only way to build a community of followers of Jesus. “We are to equip the saints and liberate the disciples”.
“The answer is not the church. The church is not the hope, only Jesus. We need to be his vehicle, so that people will come to his town”, he insisted. “I do not find a single verse in the Bible that talks about planting churches. However, the church is everywhere”, he said.
Note: M4 is one of the many parnterships ECM is supporting to help reach Europe with the gospel.
Read the full Evangelical Focus article here.
- August - 20 - 2019 - Loving Europe by loving multicultural Netherlands
- August - 13 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to revive Iceland
- August - 06 - 2019 - Loving Europe Together by loving culture in Slovenia
- July - 30 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to revive Bosnia and Herzegovina
- July - 23 - 2019 - Loving Europe Together by loving people of Romania
- July - 09 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to Revive Albania
- July - 09 - 2019 - Loving Europe - Loving the nations in Spain
- July - 02 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to Revive Denmark