Loving Europe Together by loving the music of Albania
Albania. Shqipëria — Land of Eagles, but a land of music, too.
Take a glance at a snapshot of just one aspect of life in one of the European countries.
“Yes! But a land of music, too: traditional music for family celebrations; coffees and conversation over Albanian dance tracks.
“Unexpected music: a sunny Sunday morning, the radio turned up so loud in a home the whole lane hears it.
“Before long neighbours are out on their balconies, sharing news, laughing. I love that music creates a 'place' for connecting, for relationship.
“But learning to go where the music is has taken time — and often I long for quiet spaces, a gentle exchange of words without straining to hear, a moment to pray quietly with someone.
“What an amazing God we have who hears even the thoughts of our hearts — no matter where we are or which song is playing.”
For more insight into the ministry of Chris and Sarah Downing in Albania, follow this link.
- May - 26 - 2020 - Montenegro declared coronavirus-free!
- May - 19 - 2020 - On the way to restoration
- May - 12 - 2020 - Set free from drug addiction and prison
- May - 05 - 2020 - Churches reopen in Germany
- April - 28 - 2020 - My memories of Bosnia
- April - 21 - 2020 - Resources for Churches
- April - 14 - 2020 - ECM Britain working, but from home
- April - 14 - 2020 - Praying during a pandemic
- April - 06 - 2020 - How is ECM ministering during the COVID-19 pandemic?