Refugees need Good News urgently
ECM supports many local church efforts reaching out to refugees and migrants with both practical care and spiritual nurture. What this looks like and how you can help, please read below...
This starts with people’s immediate needs where they most require care and moves on to their deeper spiritual needs. For a family of four in Spain this good news can be receiving a food parcel. Visitors to Mercy Ministries in Greece receive this good news in the form of free showers. We also care about their spiritual needs.
Vimal Vimalesakaran, working with refugees in Germany, says;
“Refugees come from a culture that integrates faith with everyday life and they are expecting more… there is a greater person who can be their supporter who is greater than us humans, namely Jesus Christ. We are not ashamed of that."
As a former refugee himself, Vimal knows the struggles and fears they face. As people have their physical needs met, their true refuge can be revealed in the GOOD NEWS OF JESUS – the refuge of us all.
HELP US GIVE THE GOOD NEWS
There are so many ways to support this work. Every gift would mean so much to people in need. For example:
● You can give a tinned food supply to a family in a camp for £37.
● You can provide a day of shower facilities in a refugee centre in Greece for £20.
● You can fund a week’s expenses for a church volunteer outreach worker in a refugee camp for £66.
HELP US MEET THEIR PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL AND SPIRITUAL NEEDS
Our special Refugee and Migrant Fund will help support ministries across the continent to provididing practical and spiritual care. A special gift from you will help bring good news to vulnerable people. Please will you support this appeal via this link.
- May - 26 - 2020 - Montenegro declared coronavirus-free!
- May - 19 - 2020 - On the way to restoration
- May - 12 - 2020 - Set free from drug addiction and prison
- May - 05 - 2020 - Churches reopen in Germany
- April - 28 - 2020 - My memories of Bosnia
- April - 21 - 2020 - Resources for Churches
- April - 14 - 2020 - ECM Britain working, but from home
- April - 14 - 2020 - Praying during a pandemic
- April - 06 - 2020 - How is ECM ministering during the COVID-19 pandemic?