My memories of Bosnia
Tuesday 28 April 2020 15:28
A short-term team of eight (aged 13 yrs to 70+) went from Northern Ireland to Bosnia. But how do they each remember their time there?
- Most enjoyed: Visiting a family and praying for their health, strength and protection.
- Most challenged by: The Muslim calls to prayer and a feeling that life is not ‘easy’ for the youth.
- Prayer Point: That God would move in this land.
- Most enjoyed: Teaching bible truths to the young people during the week.
- Most challenged by: Language limitations – it was hard to have deeper conversations with the people I met.
- Prayer point: The task of making disciples in Bosnia is enormous and the workers are few, so pray for the equipping of believers to reach into their own communities.
- Most enjoyed: Preparing materials for teaching.
- Best memory: Children singing a Christian song in Bosnian.
- Prayer point: That the tracts distributed in the apartment blocks will be read and that God would speak through them.
- Most enjoyed: Working with a great team of people.
- Most challenged by: The spiritual darkness in Bosnia.
- Prayer point: Pray for ‘A’, a young Bosnian believer as he continues to live and witness in Bugojno.
- Thoroughly enjoyed: All my time in Bosnia. As the ‘Senior Member’ I loved the company of the teens: Jane, Daniel and Reuben - as well as the others, of course!
- Best Memory: Meeting with hospitable believers in their homes.
- Prayer point: That everything done in, and for, His name will grow and prosper while.
The Stats: Bosnia
Largest religion: Muslim
Muslims: 2,036,217 (54%)
Evangelicals: 2,207 (0.1%)
If you would like to know more about ECM's work in Bosnia, click here.
« Previous Next »
- July - 26 - 2021 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 13 - 2021 - What does a missionary look like?
- July - 06 - 2021 - It all starts in the heart
- June - 29 - 2021 - Genetic skin disorder helps provide divine guidance
- June - 22 - 2021 - Transforming communities
- June - 15 - 2021 - Mahabba - Caring for your Muslim Neighbour
- June - 08 - 2021 - How can YOU make a difference?
- June - 01 - 2021 - Don't they have doctors in Germany?