My memories of Bosnia
Tuesday 28 April 2020 15:28
A short-term team of eight (aged 13 yrs to 70+) went from Northern Ireland to Bosnia. But how do they each remember their time there?
- Most enjoyed: Visiting a family and praying for their health, strength and protection.
- Most challenged by: The Muslim calls to prayer and a feeling that life is not ‘easy’ for the youth.
- Prayer Point: That God would move in this land.
- Most enjoyed: Teaching bible truths to the young people during the week.
- Most challenged by: Language limitations – it was hard to have deeper conversations with the people I met.
- Prayer point: The task of making disciples in Bosnia is enormous and the workers are few, so pray for the equipping of believers to reach into their own communities.
- Most enjoyed: Preparing materials for teaching.
- Best memory: Children singing a Christian song in Bosnian.
- Prayer point: That the tracts distributed in the apartment blocks will be read and that God would speak through them.
- Most enjoyed: Working with a great team of people.
- Most challenged by: The spiritual darkness in Bosnia.
- Prayer point: Pray for ‘A’, a young Bosnian believer as he continues to live and witness in Bugojno.
- Thoroughly enjoyed: All my time in Bosnia. As the ‘Senior Member’ I loved the company of the teens: Jane, Daniel and Reuben - as well as the others, of course!
- Best Memory: Meeting with hospitable believers in their homes.
- Prayer point: That everything done in, and for, His name will grow and prosper while.
The Stats: Bosnia
Largest religion: Muslim
Muslims: 2,036,217 (54%)
Evangelicals: 2,207 (0.1%)
If you would like to know more about ECM's work in Bosnia, click here.
« Previous Next »
- June - 30 - 2020 - Caring and training on the front line
- June - 23 - 2020 - Bringing Jesus into the conversation
- June - 16 - 2020 - Changing church: responding to the coronavirus crisis
- June - 09 - 2020 - What does love look like?
- June - 02 - 2020 - Tell us what you miss most about Europe
- May - 26 - 2020 - Montenegro declared coronavirus-free!
- May - 19 - 2020 - On the way to restoration
- May - 12 - 2020 - Set free from drug addiction and prison
- May - 05 - 2020 - Churches reopen in Germany