Because you gave...
Celebrate with us what has happened because of the money you gave in response to our Moria Refugee Fire appeal.
Our partner Eurorelief's first response was to have volunteers be with the people, listen to them, hold their hands and support them in any possible way. One of the things these volunteers did in the first morning was preparing sandwiches and distributing them to people even as they were leaving the camp.
Soon they realised that the main problem was food distribution. When trucks with the food would arrive, people would flood the area, posing a security threat. So for the first three days food was not distributed!
Eurorelief stepped in and took over the food distribution, organising the catering company and other organisations that were willing to participate. With more than 60 Eurorelief volunteers working on this every day, alongside other volunteers, they managed to bring food to every person on the streets. Eurorelief also distributed needed blankets, sleeping bags and tents.
The authorities have since managed to set up a temporary camp. Eurorelief had a central role in registering people coming to the new camp and allocating shelter and they continue to support people in the new camp. But due to the success of your giving and their efforts, we have closed our appeal.
- November - 24 - 2020 - Joy and Peace to you at Christmas - and to your friends and family!
- November - 16 - 2020 - New ECM Bittain magazine coming soon!
- November - 10 - 2020 - New place, but God already at work
- October - 27 - 2020 - Because you gave...
- October - 20 - 2020 - How will they hear?
- October - 07 - 2020 - Who is ECM?
- October - 06 - 2020 - Urgent Emergency Appeal funded!