Loving Hospitality in Belgium
What does it feel like to live in a country like Belgium? Find out what David and Holly think...
"One of the things we love about Belgian culture is gezelligheid. There's no good translation for this word in English, but loosely translated it means a sense of warmness, cosiness and togetherness.
"So a party with close friends could be gezellig, or a house or cafe could have a gezellig atmosphere or a family day out could equally be gezellig.
"As a family we love to create a gezellig atmosphere, and to invite friends to share the gezelligheid with us: it's a wonderful expression of Christian hospitality.
"Had Jesus spoken Dutch, I think he would have loved it too!"
British churches and Christians have generously sent and supported people like David and Holly in ministry across our continent. Thank you!
To read what more workers think see p.6 of our Spring/Summer magazine - click here.
- August - 20 - 2019 - Loving Europe by loving multicultural Netherlands
- August - 13 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to revive Iceland
- August - 06 - 2019 - Loving Europe Together by loving culture in Slovenia
- July - 30 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to revive Bosnia and Herzegovina
- July - 23 - 2019 - Loving Europe Together by loving people of Romania
- July - 09 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to Revive Albania
- July - 09 - 2019 - Loving Europe - Loving the nations in Spain
- July - 02 - 2019 - Pray with us for God to Revive Denmark